Losing your smile’s natural white shine is normal. That’s why laser teeth whitening is not only useful but also very healthy!
Satined teeth happens because most of the drinks and meals we take tend to damage both shine and enamel; something that can easily be reverted through teeth whitening.
Laser teeth whitening is a revolutionary technique very common for dental specialists through-out the world. This treatment can reduce the yellowish color from 3 to 8 tones depending on the technique and materials used by your professional.
This treatment is best for teeth that are moderately stained due to several factors. Some of these factors include:
- Teeth aging
- Stains caused by inadequate diets
- Stains caused by inadequate hygiene
Teeth whitening should NOT be performed on people with the following conditions:
- Teeth cavities and wore out teeth
- Enamel fissures or defects
- Periodontal disease without treatment
- Poor oral hygiene
- Allergies to the material used in the treatment
- Teeth sensitivity
- Diabetes or heart diseases
- Pregnant or lactating women along with underage children.
How is laser teeth whitening done?
Your dentist will apply a gel with a hydrogen peroxide base on each tooth. Afterwards, they’ll be exposed to laser light and after 1hr 15 mins (give or take) the treatment will react with the enamel and dentine.
Advantages of laser teeth whitening
- Whitening in a single session
- Eliminates infections by acting as an antiseptic
- Favours wound healing
Disadvantages of teeth whitening
- The treatments durability has a short term life span when the patient does not take proper care of the necessary post-treatment hygiene.
- Unhealthy teeth can be very sensitive post-treatment.
- Not every patient is a candidate for this treatment. It depends a lot on the patient’s health. It is highly likely that some special cases may need a treatment before initiating laser teeth whitening.
In order to have a long-lasting post-treatment effect, the patient must follow every step regarding the post-whitening care in order to give the shiny white tone a long lasting life. If you’re getting a laser teeth whitening treatment done, follow these recommendations:
- Avoid food that contains a lot of colorants or chemicals
- Avoid drinks with a lot of sugar or dark colors like coffee, tea, wine, juices, infusions and alcoholic drinks.
- No smoking
- Take proper care of your dental hygiene, wash your teeth proper well after every meal, floss and use mouth wash free of artificial colorants.
At Conscience Digital Dental Clinic we recommend the Zoom Advanced Power Whitening treatment – Being one of the most efficient, fast and safe treatments out there.